Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Inspired Interiors: Pink, Gold and Black



Pink, gold and black... I've been seeing this color combo around a lot lately and every time I see it... I WANT IT. There is a slight Hollywood Regency feel here, with a bit of eclectic crazy thrown in for good measure. Now, I have some pretty interesting brass piece that came from thrifting, though those doesn't quite fit the glamour motifs going on in my head. 


Daphne's gorgeous nursery above is featured in depth on Apartment Therapy.  There are so many drool worthy elements here, but I simply adore that rug and lamp! Okay... and the mirror, mirrored dresser, stool.. so everything. A lot of people have been diy'ing mirrored dressers as of late. A pretty good tutorial here:

Fiona's room by My Favorite and My Best, has so much charm, pattern and color! She makes a good point, that a lot of things could afford, she didn't quite like.. so she "just stuck with what i had and added some black and white tile fabric pillows and a deep green mohair velvet pillow." And that is what decorating is for most of us... finding small yet exciting ways to insert a snap of personality into our rooms.


I went to IKEA yesterday (my mom and baby Elisabeth's first time) and my head is just spinning with grand ideas. But IKEA hacks add even more flavor to a room. This Dorothy Draper inspired diy dresser by Nancy of Marcus Design has made the bloggy rounds, but it should! She even offers a tutorial on how she did it here. The otherwise neutral color palate is made very regal in pattern, and I love those pink rose buds, bringing in some femininity.

Coco Cozy's brillant golden wall swag. Reminds me of a flowering pheonix. Love. And the bright orange and pinks paired with a dusty rose? Unexpected, but oh so stylish. But her whole place is stunning.

Wow, look at that bathroom by Jay Jeffers! Coral, mint, aqua, pink and lots of golds. Whimsical, ornate, and interesting choices, but I think they work together. In essence, by adding texture through golds and brasses, and some pink, a fun or elegant mix can be attained by all, even if you simply replace a few dated pieces on a small budget, it can be done.

 Pin It
signature lisa 180x80 180ppi

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails