Sunday, May 8, 2011

Personal Style: Casual Glamour



I love bumming around in casual jersey. And when I say "bumming around", I mean running errands while wrestling with my kids. Usuallly, I would wear flats, but couldn't find them so I wore these trusty shoes. My (sold out) Shade jersey skirt is a little baggy and a little frumpy. Actually, it doesn't look quite as bad in person as it does in these photos. The fitted American Apparel athletic vintage fit gym tee is one of my favorite fits of all time. Unfortunately, the shirt doesn't hold up to washings very well and gets a little too faded/ pilly for my liking, but I'll survive. Especially since it's my favorite (sold out) Ich Liebe Etsy print.


So, I did this somewhat 40's wave with my bangs and another messy side chignon. Since I made my Ivory Rose earrings  using (increasingly harder to find) vintage cabs from around the same era, and donned my red lipstick, I feel justified. Casey has some wonderful retro hairstyle tutorials, and there are many on youtube as well.

 skirt: shade/ shirt: etsy / shoes: thrifted / earrings: jeweled ambrosia

To learn how to REALLY glam up this look, visit my post here.

*Linked to Clothed Much's Rule Breaking Monday.

4 comments:

Forever Young said...

Lisa,
You have awesome hair!!! I love all of the cool stuff you do with it. Thanks for pushing me to be more creative with mine.

meg

ashtonandmeghanyoung.blogspot.com

Elaine said...

I totally live in t-shirts...

Anonymous said...

Ich liebe etsy auch ;)
Your earrings are so lovely!

http://ascentofrosewood.blogspot.com/

[SMASH] said...

Thank you for the note today.

I really love this outfit and that you paired it with bright lips. So girly yet rock-n-roll. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails