Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Personal Style: Petals and Pleats

This is my Mother's Day outfit. I'm loving the dark, vintage spring floral skirts/shorts in trend right now, but they are mostly a little short for my taste so I thought this top was close enough. I love this ivory, pleated vintage skirt I scored thrifting a few years back, but I honestly don't think I have ever worn it. So, my style secret? Wearing something that doesn't need to be wrinkled. I pretty much look like a bag lady the majority of the time because I am on this anti-ironing kick right now. Finding unwrinkled articles of clothing that pair well together is a task, but I'm up for the challenge.


I love these vintage clip ons. Huge acrylic flowers and sparkly rhinestones. The peachy-pink color is different, but a nice nod to this years coral craze. I got about 20 pairs of vintage earrings at an estate sale for $1 the other day. I wish they were all this awesome. I'll probably list some from my growing collection in my shop in the coming days.

So, I don't usually pair black and brown together, but for some weird reason, the flowers on the black top or the ivory skirt, the cosmos worked together and so I added a brown belt and shoes. The t-strap heels and vintage ck belt tie the look together, otherwise it would be too frumpy for me to leave the house. Even though the shoes aren't vintage, they still have that appeal.

 shirt: miley cryus (embarrassing, I know)/ skirt; vintage/ belt: vintage calvin klein

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I am loving those earrings!

my thrifty closet said...

very vintage chic. love the earrings, so pretty!

love~mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

I agree - love the earrings! I could never pull off pleats like that! I had a skirt that was very similar that my grandmother had passed down to me from her closet, but it looked terrible! Maybe if I shed a few sizes, but right now wouldn't fall right at all! You look stunning :)

Savannah said...

I would love to have your skirt, I mean LOVE to have it! :) And those earrings are fabulous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails