Saturday, January 2, 2010

Books, Glorious Books!






 When I lived in Utah, I had to move home to Texas in a hurry when my father died to come and take care of my mom. Meaning, I had to SHIP everything I owned. There went my meager savings... as well as over half of my shoes/clothes and most sadly, my books... all went to Goodwill.








I did manage to save a few, and though that was nearly 8 years ago, my books have multiplied again! Much to my husband's chagrin, who states... occasionally, "No more books." But really, I love to read. I love getting books on education, science, history, classic works, education, decorating, cooking... and now that I have children, I gets books for them.

 

 
I know the age old decor idea of turning the books around so you only see the pages, or covering each book in pretty or neutral paper and I love that, I do... but I also love the colors and age of old hard back book spines. (I don't own many though, mostly paperbacks and modern glossy covers, boo!)


book side table
 

 

I love to stack my books. Create little vignettes and keep my favorites out to reference, though the hubby isn't a fan of that either. So, this post is dedicated to what I would do, if given a chance.


6 comments:

customdesigns4ubynan said...

I love books too and had a built-in bookcase built in my studio apartment. I feel so grown-up and adult-like every time I look at it.

Almost Precious said...

Who would have guessed that books could be used as architectural elements as well as decorative pieces in one decor ? Lovely.

I also enjoy reading a good book, shame is that I don't seem to have the time any more to do this. :(

boatbaby said...

How fun, I am a book-a-holic and can never find enough space for our books. By the way, i love your new years banner - so festive!

Amy said...

I love this post! I have stacks of books all over my house, but they look nowhere as elegant!

Hollie May said...

such a SWEEEEEET book tower thingy!

Jenn Kirk said...

Oh stacked books! One day I will have tons around my home. When the kids grow out of the destructive phase.

Related Posts with Thumbnails