Thursday, February 19, 2009

Inspirations



I am doing an Easter Egg swap and so I was browsing Google Images getting some inspiration, when I happened upon Ulla Benulla's blog. THIS and THIS is from last year, but the eggs are gorgeous! I will be visiting her blog more often! I know my eggs will not be as nearly as exceptional with the theatre aspect, but the eye candy is just too much not to post!

hankercheif hanging vase craft tutorial shabby chic

I also saw on her blog these adorable hankercheif vases by the amazing lalalaurie of Etsy (go check out her shop)! Tutorial on making the vases are on the Once Wed blog HERE! She also has a super cute Fabric Boutineer tutorial HERE! They would look great on your man and little boys for Easter. The Once Wed blog is gorgeous, even if you are not planning a wedding, still plenty of lovliness and ideas. I especially love the succulent setting idea (ps I am going to do it!) and the pretty pink cakes photos!

Here is a treasury my Cathedral earrings were featured in this week, thanks for putting together a lovely list, DCH Studios!!



Now, after all of the prettiness, we need a dose of hilarity, as usual. So, a while back, I found this post on My Blahg of an old, vintage children's book, "I'm Glad I'm a Boy, I'm Glad I'm a Girl" by Whitney Darrow Jr. in 1970. It is cute, and sweet, and OH SO EXTREMELY SEXIST (but the point of the author, as he was a satirist, I don't think a lot of people got that)!!! I mean, at the beginning, I'm like, "oh, that's funny" but by the end I'm thinking "Holy Carp!?". It sells for about $300 used. Enjoy, or not, your choice (click on the images to zoom b/c the captions are the best). (Now, I am going to be doing my housewife duty to make this scrumptious Spinach and Artichoke Mac and Cheese dish that I saw on the Racheal Ray today, my hubby will be so impressed!)







4 comments:

Rose Petals & Blooms said...

omg I love the panoramic eggs! I think I need to make one of these! lol... Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Thanks too for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment!

xo
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was delighted to have you visit The Vintage Nest and hope you'll be back often. Those eggs are 2die4. A long time ago my big sister made those panorama sugar eggs. Sure wish I knew where mine is now. Hope your new recipe is good tonight. ~ Lynn P.S. Love your tutu's. I know where to go now when I am ready to buy one for my little grand-daughter . :)_

Unknown said...

LOL, those good to be boy/girl images are HILARIOUS! I love the little girl cooking and the little boy eating... I love it.

Those eggs are absolutely beautiful!

vivian said...

I bet your eggs will be wonderful! so far all the eggs Ive recieved have been great! cant wait to see what you send!
hugs
vivian

Related Posts with Thumbnails